Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No Cost Retreat


An incredible morning of peace and quiet. No need to question this gorgeous summer like weather in January. Just go with it. Morning yoga at The Gables went very well. The woman in question was there once again to stretch ribs, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and legs and feet. We talked about living in the present moment and focused on our breath.
Once home I realized I had the house to myself until the girls came home from school. No need to answer any phone calls. They can leave a message. No need to say anything. Simply listen to the day. Birds singing, the drone of airplanes in the azure blue sky, dogs barking down the street. Plenty of stillness and quiet.
I loaded a laundry basket with my yoga mat, blanket, bolster, strap and pillows and headed for the back yard under the shade of our wise old oak tree. Two hours of deliberate breathing, stretching and navigating the inner realms of my body temple. Meditating with the trees and flowers. Heaven on earth.
Who says you have to spend a fortune at a spa. Just make a decision to have your own!

I am so grateful.

No comments: