Friday, February 27, 2009

YIN TO THE RESCUE

Please help me be stronger. Somebody. Anybody. When it comes to man's inhumanity towards one another
and towards animals I find my inner sanctuary blow up into a million tiny pieces. Here I have been feeling great, wonderful, peaceful, joyful, my heart blooming, my spirits lifted, my Tadasana strong and rooted.

Then my friend sends me an email regarding animals being skinned alive in China. Hidden cameras focus in on bodies of  animals, hearts still beating, heaped in piles. One pup looks into the camera with bloodied battered eyes on top of the pile, the email warns. I couldn't watch the videos. To imagine is enough. I don't have the strength for it. I feel my own body being skinned alive. The hairs on my head stand up and I roil with emotions far stronger than hate. What do I do? What do any of us do?

I headed straight for the floor to do Yin yoga. Saddle, Shoelace, Sleeping Swan, Forward Bend, Butterfly.
Crying, breathing, swearing into the poses until I feel the micro- movements of my connective tissue opening up.
Relax the mind. Open the heart. Encourage compassion and creativity, calmness, gentleness, courage, SURRENDER.

YIN for the soul. What else can I do?

No comments: