Saturday, December 13, 2008

What I know is I don't know

Yesterday's class with Kira was wonderful. I appreciate her knowledge and intelligence. Her sense of humor. Her genuine desire to help us understand. I realize how much I do not know. I haven't studied yoga in depth. My teachers have been books, tapes, DVD's and my own exploration of moving my body around. I don't know the names of the asanas. I don't know the sanskrit words. I don't know who's who in the world of yoga. While I know that what I don't know is much more than what I do know I know that everything about this class pulls me somehow. There is a connection I feel. I've always wanted a mentor, a teacher, someone who could encourage my full voice and potential - and there's been a certain envy I feel when others speak of their teachers and mentors and who they studied with. I've bushwhacked. It's landed me where I am today but there is so much more exploration!

The student is ready, the teacher appears. I can't wait for class today!

No comments: